Effective Use of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning and the New Lease Standard
8:10am – 9:00am, May 13, 2019
A&A Accounting and Auditing
This session will be a robust panel discussion and participant interaction with six experienced lease accounting professionals and how they leveraged AI with a Fortune 100 company this past year to apply topic 842 to thousands of leases.
The new Lease Accounting standards are probably the most complex standards issued in the last decade…including the new Revenue Recognition standards under Topic 606.
The speakers have all been featured in Journal of Accounting thought leadership articles in the last 18 months.
- Learn the key components and complexities of the new lease accounting standard
- Learn implementation concepts
- The speaker and panel will discuss lessons learned over the last year in connections with the application of Topic 842
- Interaction with the attendees will be encouraged
- This includes critical document management issues
- Application of the Practical Expedients
- Key considerations of when you reassess leases in the 840 vs 842 world…
- Also important real estate lease issues to address and the impact of renewal options
- Critical guidance on identifying and accounting for embedded leases
- Live demo of how AI actually works to enhance the learning process.
- Delivery method: Group Live
- Recommended CPE Hours: 1.0
- Field of Study:
- California Board of Accountancy: Accounting and Auditing (A&A)
- NASBA: Accounting
- Program Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisites: A working knowledge of the accounting standards for leases
- Advanced Preparation: The attendee should review the current and new lease standards to obtain maximum benefit Designed for: Those professionals who desire to fully understand the new lease standards and learn implementation concepts